Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Rob's Room: KISS' Gene Simmons Costume Inspired by Jack Kirby's Black Bolt Design

I always liked the band KISS (perhaps because my born again Christian grandma used to try to try to scare me away from them - after all, KISS stood for "Knights In Satan's Service").  Even though Gene Simmons strikes me as kind of a jerk, his stage persona still fascinates me.  I probably appreciate it more now that I know The Demon was partly based on Jack Kirby's Black Bolt design.

KISS image blitz...
Stan Lee watches as KISS pours band members donated blood at the printing plant, 1977. The band's blood was collectively mixed with the red ink to be used for the first issue of the Marvel/KISS Comics (via The Untold Story)
...go here to read the KISS: 1977 Marvel Comics Super Special #1
Merry KISSmas!

1 comment:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Now I see it. They TOTALLY ripped off Jack.