Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Rob's Room: Neal Adams Pays Homage to Himself in >25 DC Comic Variant Covers

Updated: I finally located all the final colored art!

Neal Adams Pays Homage to Himself in >25 DC Comic Variant Covers (referencing IGN)
"[DC Comics] came up with the idea that I was going to do a whole bunch of covers, right?" Adams recalled to us. "And they were all going to appear at the same time, and they're all going to be homages to this apparently legendary comic book artist. So I said, 'Who is the comic book artist?' They said, 'Uh... Neal Adams.' [Laughs] 'You guys have to be kidding? Really?' 'No, no! You'll do homages to your covers!' 'No, that's crazy!' 'No, it would be great! It'll be cool! Except each cover would have different characters for different books.' 'Really? Like, so Robin isn't dead, and Batman isn't over him? It's somebody else?' 'Yeah.' 'Oh!' These people are crazy. But it sounds like a great idea. So apparently we're doing that, and we're getting a different inker to ink each cover, which is crazy too. I don't know exactly how they're going to place them or how they're going to do them, but I will tell you this: I have penciled every single one of them, and they're in the hands of DC Comics. That's right. If this isn't the craziest, weirdest, most wonderful idea I've ever heard, I can't imagine what it is."

No comments: